Temple texas dating online
This first Temple school building was a barn-like structure located on Main Street and Downs Avenue. The need for more vocational arts meant a need for a building to house it.
In 1965, the old Temple High School building was replaced by a new building costing ,900,000.
Parts of the website may not work as expected without them.
However, because of an overabundance of elementary pupils in 1945, Temple High School became of a four-year school again, a condition that had to be tolerated until Lamar and Travis Junior Highs were opened in 1956.
Then in 1939, when Temple joined other Texas cities in going to a 12-grade system, grades 10-12 were held in Temple High School.
The Class of 1890 consisted of three graduates -- Alice Robbins, Kate Sloan, and Ray Wilcox.
Also in 1889, the school received affiliation with the University of Texas, leading to the first graduation class to receive diplomas in 1890.